Steps to buying your new Lodgecrest home
- First of all we recommend you find out how much you can borrow. This can be done via an independent mortgage broker or by talking to your bank.
- After you have found the new home that fits your budget you put down a reservation deposit which will secure the property, usually for 28 days.
- It’s then time to instruct a solicitor to act for you. This may be something your mortgage broker can assist you with.
- Now it’s time to pay for a mortgage valuation. There may be a cost for this. Your mortgage broker will guide you through the process.
- Your solicitor needs to apply for local authority searches to give you more information about the property and the surrounding area.
- Once timings are agreed and you have your mortgage offer, it’s time for your solicitor to finalise the legal work.
- Contracts then need to be signed and your deposit, usually 10% of the purchase price, will need to be paid.
- An exchange of contracts then takes place after dates are agreed.
- You complete your purchase and move into your shiny new home.
Advantages of buying a new Lodgecrest home
- You get a 10 year insurance backed warranty.
- All of your appliances, fixtures & fittings are brand new.
- You have peace of mind that your home is built to the latest regulations.
- Your new home will be far more energy efficient than an old one.
- You can take advantage of the Governments Help To Buy Scheme (*subject to conditions).